As a student living in London, here are…
Reasons why I hate London
- It’s overrated, first and foremost.
- It’s not as amazing as you think. The “great” Oxford Street is narrow as hell and super packed, making me feel claustrophobic a lot of the time.
- The city isn’t as pretty as you think. If you’re in Paris or Madrid, it’s still pretty when you go out of the centre. Here, it isn’t.
- People are rude as fuck, especially public service (people who work at the Underground, airport and stuff. When I lost something, I went to the police station but they refused to help me)
- The city isn’t as safe as you think it is either.
- Administration is the most horribly dreadful thing you could ever encounter whilst living here. (I’ve been denied to open a bank account because my current visa is less than 12 months. And it’s a fucking student visa.)
- The weather is absolute crap. Today was boiling but grey outside
- Everything is expensive as shit. I pay more or less around £ 95 for public transport on student discount.
- Class segregation and snobs.
I dislike: A portion of the UK foreign policy.
Reasons why I
love like London
- Opportunities like if you’re willing to affiliate yourself with the UNA. But I can’t even volunteer even if it means I don’t get paid. That should go under the hate list since I really wanted to volunteer with Amnesty here but I can’t! So annoying.
- Pubs (the food, the company and the occasional fruit cider)
PS: I think the MI5 or MI6 might be following me. I complain about this place way too much.
Don’t get me wrong, though! It’s nice for travels. But if you decide to live here it can be a nightmare especially if you come from a third-world country